From the blog Marc and Angel:
The Short List
For the cynics who might say that the list of 30 ideas below is too long to be ‘simple,’ there are really only two steps to simplifying:
- Identify what’s most important to you.
- Eliminate everything else.
Of course, that advice is not terribly useful unless you can see some examples of how to apply this concept to different areas of your life; so I present to you…
The Long List
There can be no step-by-step guide to simplifying your life, but I’ve compiled an incomplete list of ideas that should help you move in the right direction. And of course, not every tip will fit your lifestyle, so just choose a few that do and apply them accordingly.
- Resign from a commitment you’re not passionate about.
- Stop trying to be perfect.
- Implement a basic cleaning schedule.
- Automate your finances by signing up for automatic bill pay and automatic savings deposits through your bank.
- Clean out your media collection and keep only the items you love.
- Clean out your purse or wallet.
- Put a paper shredder next to your mail spot.
- Winnow your wardrobe down to pieces that work together.
- Delete any social networking accounts you don’t actually use.
- Add your number to the do-not-call list.
Read all 30 on their blog…
Just a nice reminder that taking a little time now can save a ton of time and pain later.